- from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
- from 12.00 pm to 6 pm
- At Christmas and Easter the Basilica closes from 12.30 pm to 4 pm.
In case of religious celebrations as marriage, funeral or baptism, the visits to the Basilica are suspended throughout the ritual service. It is recommendable to check on the eventual suspensions in the Notices section.
In order to enter the Basilica, it is required a voluntary oblation to support the restoration activities, the ordinary maintenance, the surveillance and the preservation of the operas and the Basilica. Read more
- Full: € 3,50
- Reduced: 1,50 (students from13 to 25 years old)
- Residents in the Municipality of Venice
- People with limited mobility and their carers
- Authorized tourist guides
- Professors at the head of school groups
- Priests, religious men and women, seminarians
- Students and children under 12 years old
Chorus card, Venice pass and ICOM card are not valid.
- It is recommendable to always consult the section “Notices” before any visit, so as to check that no visit is suspended due to events or celebrations.
- It is required to maintain a respectful behaviour during the visit.
- It is not allowed to use microphones with amplifier.
GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT
The Basilica of Santi Giovanni e Paolo is first of all a worship place, therefore it is required to adhere to these rules:
- Entrance is allowed only with decent clothes.
- Keep a respectful and silent behaviour, considering other people, whether they are faithfuls or tourists.
- Switch off the phone or set the silent mode.
- It is not allowed the entrance while carrying food or beverages.
- It is strictly forbidden to smoke.
- Animals are not admitted inside the Basilica.
- Photo are allowed inside the Basilica.
- It is forbidden the use of flash, tripod and other professional instruments.
- For professional photos it is required to contact the Basilica at the following email email@example.com and ask for a specific written permission.